we are green
Here’s how we are helping to make a difference:
- Printing recycled paper whenever possible
- Providing recycling bins for our customers
- Recycling plastic, glass and paper from guestroom trash
- Offering leftover and excess food items to local food banks and shelters
- Reducing the use of paper within our organization
- Back-of-House Recycling
- Solar panels have been installed on our roof
- Utilizing more energy efficient laundry processes
- Compact fluorescent and LED light bulbs where possible
- Reminding associates to turn off unused lights and reduce HVAC usage
- Temperature adjustments when guest is out of guest room
- Guest sensors for in/out of room.
- Common area space temperature adjustments after hours
- Energy efficient pool equipment
- Utilizing more ecologically-friendly laundry processes
- Utilizing ecologically-friendly cleaning products
- Utilizing efficient laundry processes
- Guest Linen / Terry policy
- Low-flow shower heads / toilets
Why Did We Choose Solar?
- To be environmentally friendly.
- To be less reliant on foreign sources of power.
- Solar is quiet for our customers.
- There are no moving parts that need servicing.
- We have large southerly facing roofs with a good azimuth to the sun.
- It will cut 30% – 35% of our annual power consumption.
- Fully connected to NSTAR power grid.
- 616 – 295 watt Suntech Panels.
- Estimated Annual Output – 208,860 Kwh.
- Average US Home uses 6,000 Kwh – 11,000 Kwh per year.
- Our Solar Array could power up to 34 homes annually.
- CO2 Offset equals 3,546 trees – Annually.
- 142 tons of CO2 saved – Annually.
- Annual energy generated equals 15,960 gallons of gasoline
8.5 Very Good
8.6 | 10 Fabulous
4.3 | 5 Excellent
GET DEALS & DISCOUNTS
Get notified of Special Offers, Discounts, & Seasonal Specials sent to your In-box.